Education in Great Britain. Gloucestershire College - Foundation Course
Gloucestershire College’s International Foundation Course is a specially designed programme for international students who have finished their secondary school and wish to continue their studies in higher education in Britain.
The International Foundation Course will prepare you for the demands of going on to study alongside British students in a specialist subject with a guaranteed place at a UK university upon successful completion.
Full English language support is provided for students who need to gain the appropriate qualification (normally IELTS) to enter university.
About the course
• Full time (20 hours per week) for one college year – September to June.
January entry is available on some courses for strong students with good English language skills.
• Intensive English training aimed to help students reach an IELTS level of 6.0 or higher.
• Academic writing and study skills.
• Training in specialist subjects – Business Studies, Mathematics, Computing, Science and Law.
• Introduction to British life in the 21st century – including a programme of visits to destinations of cultural and tourist interest.
• Core skills including Numeracy (Maths) and Information Technology. • Academic and personal tutorial support. • Opportunities to visit UK universities. • Access to all college facilities including accommodation services, internet / e-mail services, international student support, student services, students’ union, sports facilities, library, refectory and much more.
Upon successful completion of this course you will
• be qualified for study at university level in the UK
• have a guaranteed place at a UK university
• have improved your English considerably
• have consolidated your knowledge/skills in a specialist subject
• have an understanding of British culture and education systems
• have improved your academic writing and presentation skills
• have improved numeracy and IT skills ready for university entrance
• have much more confidence to start a higher education course in the UK and your chances of future success will be greatly enhanced.
• have been given all possible help in applying to higher education courses, including completing application forms and training for interview procedures.
* A good secondary school leaving certificate from your country (normally a minimum of 12 years at school)
* A good intermediate level of English (for example IELTS 5.0 or higher). If English is your first language then a secondary school pass grade in English is usually sufficient.
If you do not have this level of English we can offer you an English Language course to improve your English before going on to the International Foundation Course. Please ask us for details.
в Москве: +7 499 6810141
в Алматы: +7727 2937560, +7727 2937589, +7727 2937789
в Астане: +77172627623, +77172787676, +77172787626
в Ташкенте: +998711205740, +998711205741